NFB Newsline and Bard Mobile Apps Presentation 8/20/15 at The Iris Network in Portland Maine
The following resources are provided to get started using the NFB Newsline Service on the Web or with the mobile apps and the BARD Mobile app from the National Library Service Talking Book Program.
Audio presentation http://www.theiris.org/uploads/media/bard_and_newsline.mp3
Large Print resource sheet in Word format
- Call (866) 504-7300 for information or application
- Online application https://www.nfbnewsline.net/Nl2/NL2NewUserReqInput.jsp
- Print an application from website https://nfb.org/Images/nfb/documents/pdf/newslineapp.pdf
- Walter Woitasek, Maine coordinator 207-805-1186 email: email@example.com
- Maine Info: Maine number is 888-882-1629 or Portland area 464-6822
- Tek Talk Podcast with Scott White, director of NFB Newsline Podcast covers many of the basics of Newsline: http://accessibleworld.org/sites/default/files/tt-08-17-15-features-scott-white-nfb-newsline.mp3
BARD (Braille and Audio Reading Download)
- Online application and instructions page https://nlsbard.loc.gov/NLS/ApplicationInstructions.html
- National Library Service Talking Book Application
- Printable application http://www.loc.gov/nls/pdf/application.pdf
- Call 1-888-657-7323 to be connected nationally to appropriate State Library Services.
- In Maine, Chris Boynton is statewide NLS contact and will answer questions related to BARD 207-287-5653